WORLD DATA CENTRE FOR MICROORGANISMS (WDCM) COMMITTEE
GOALSThe WFCC WDCM is an international information resource for the compilation of data on the location, function, and expertise of culture collections for microorganisms, cultured cell lines, and genetic elements, and provides on-line access to this data. The WDCM serves as a gateway to other international databases on microbial diversity, culture collection catalogues, services, and molecular data concerned with microorganisms. The WDCM Committee acts as an advisory body to facilitate the objectives of the WDCM and provides expert advice.
- Implement a new version of the WFCC membership database based on the recent survey form.
- Implement WFCC documents in HTML format into WDCM pages in cooperation with the Executive Board and WFCC Publications Committee.
- Update the collection database "CCINFO" in cooperation with the Executive Board, WFCC Committees, and regional federations.
- Implement the Homepage for ICCC 9 in cooperation with the organizing committee.
- Promote the visibility profile of the WDCM within the community, the public, and policy makers.